Time & Frequency Standard with NTP and PTP Time Server
The new SyncServer S650 Time and Frequency Instrument provides unprecedented synchronization flexibility and performance using Microsemi FlexPort™ technology. The GPS referenced S650 is designed for modern electronics systems and networks that require best-in-class synchronization performance easily adaptable to a wide range of applications.
The modular Microsemi S650 combines the best of time and frequency instrumentation with unique flexibility and powerful network/security-based features. The level of timing signal flexibility is powerful and can even eliminate the need for additional signal distribution chassis as there is no degradation in the precise quality of the coherent output signals.
The base Timing I/O module with eight BNC connectors comes standard with the most popular timing I/O signals (IRIG A, IRIG B, IRIG E, IRIG G, 10 MHz, 1PPS and so on). When more flexibility is required, the unique Microsemi FlexPort Technology option enables six of the BNCs to output any supported signal (time codes, sine waves, programmable rates), all configurable in real timevia the secure web interface. The incredible BNC-by-BNC configuration makes very efficient and cost-effective use of the 1U space available.
Timing and Design Reliability
The 72-channel GNSS receiver coupled with Microsemi’s patented Active Thermal Compensation Technology provides excellent accuracy of <15ns RMS to UTC (USNO). Backstop this with a durable hardware design subjected to MIL STD 810G testing, high-reliability components extending the operating temperature range to a very wide -20DegC to 65DegC and a dual power supply option. Further, upgrading to a high-performance oscillator, such as Rubidium atomic clock, keeps the S650 accurate for long periods in the event of a GNSS service disruption.
Ultra High Performance NTP Time Server
The S650 can effortlessly support hundreds of thousands of network clients while maintaining microsecond caliber NTP timestamp accuracy. NTP time server request throughput rates exceed 10,000 requests/second while maintaining NTP timestamp accuracy. If the Security License option is enabled, the NTP ReflectorTM can process over 360,000 NTP requests per second with 15ns caliber timestamp accuracy with the added benefit of security-hardening the NTP port. This can easily translate into sub-millisecond NTP client synchronization accuracy on a LAN.
IEEE 1588 PTP Grandmaster
Applications demanding very precise time accuracy can deploy IEEE-1588, the precise time protocol (PTP). The S650 IEEE-1588 PTP output license enables PTP multi-port/profile grandmaster operations leveraging the built-in hardware timestamping on each LAN port of the S650, including the GbE ports and the optional 10 GbE ports. Each port can be configured as a unique PTP grandmaster with different profiles and settings enabling a single S650 to operate as multiple grandmasters on the network simultaneously.
Multi-GNSS Constellation Support for enhanced Reliability
Timing integrity, satellite signal continuity, and timing reliability can be improved with the GNSS option that adds support for Galileo, GLONASS, BeiDou, QZSS and SBAS constellations. With more satellites in view, timing performance can be improved in challenging environments, such as urban canyons. All SyncServer S650s ship with GNSS hardware ready to be enabled with a software license. The S650 is also available without GNSS in the S650i model.
- <15ns RMS to UTC (USNO) via GPS
- <1×10-12 Frequency Accuracy
- Modular timing architecture with unique and innovative FlexPortTMtechnology
- Most popular timing signal inputs/outputs are standard in the base Timing I/O module (IRIG B, 10 MHz, 1 PPS, etc.)
- Additional timecode I/O including IRIG A/B/C37/E/G/NASA/2137/XR3/HaveQuick/PTTI available
- T1/E1 Telecom I/O available
- Four GbE ports standard, all with patented NTP hardware timestamping, two additional 10 GbE ports optional
- NTP monitoring, charting and MRU logging
- Web-based management with high-security cipher suite
- -20DegC to 65DegC operating temperature, shock and vibration qualified
- IPv6/IPv4 on all ports
- Rubidium Atomic Clock or OCXO oscillator upgrades
- Dual power supply option
- Superior 10 MHz low phase noise options
- Galileo / GLONASS / BeiDou / QZSS / SBAS option
- PTP multi-port/profile grandmaster output option
- PTP Input option
- S650i model with no GNSS receiver installed
- 1PPS /External Event Measurement option
- Time-of-Day Triggered Programmable Pulse option
- Timing I/O modules with fiber optic outputs and input
- FlexPortTMtiming technology efficiently and cost-effectively adds innovative “any signal, any connector” technology, eliminating the wasted space inherent with legacy style fixed-signal modules/BNCs
- Multiple GbE network ports for easy network configuration and adaptation
- Reliable and rugged design for long product life and wide application scope
- Many security-hardened, network-based feature for stringent IA requirements.